Sunday, January 27, 2013

What I did this week.

 
Yup, I put this whole thing together.  Last Saturday at my sewing marathon, I put together one block because I wanted to try out Bonnie Hunter's cool technique.  It was Eeeeeeeeee Zeeeeeeeeee!  When I got home,  I couldn't resist  dumping out my basket of 2 1/2 inch strips and putting together strip sets for more blocks.  Flickr is so handy for getting ideas.  I went to the Scrappy Trip Along group to see how the blocks went together.  I really liked the look of the quilts when the center diagonal of the block had a stand out color.  I had lots of reds.  Yesterday I got 24 blocks all sewn together into this top.  I can't believe how quick it went.  Sadly, it did not put enough of a dent in my basket of strips.  I think I will need to make another one or two.  A great way to stash some gift quilts in the closet don't you think?  I think I have the Wild Threads talked into making one for the church that lets us have our marathons there. 
Have a lovely week and stay warm in you live in my neck of the woods!

4 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I just found your blog. We were members of the Blockswapper Group on The Quilt Show yeons of time ago. I enjoyed reading your blog. I don't have a google id so I can't join your blog but hopefully I can remember how to get to it.

    Ruby (gamby) in Vicksburg, MS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I like that block method. Had to chuckle at your "keep the workspace uncluttered" goal. Love your yellow HST piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes
    Social Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribes
    getlikefast.com

    ReplyDelete