Sunday, February 13, 2011

Goodness gracious, Big news, BIG!!!

OMG !
Last night I went to dinner at PF Chang's with my husband and daughter (btw - it was my birthday) and you won't believe my fortune.  Check it out.

I'm sorry but you will have to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can read.  I need to work on my photo work.  I couldn't crop it for some reason.  But let's get back to my news....... do you know what this means?   It means that after years of entering to win the HGTV dream house, this is the year.  There's no other way to explain moving and I've been entering faithfully since January 1st.  It's a pretty cool house this year and I think it would make a great place for quilt retreats and workshops. 



Pretty darned exciting huh?  Now, to celebrate my birthday, I thought I share some odd tidbits with you.

1.  When I walk in the dark I close my eyes.  I think it helps me 'see' better.
2.  I try to be polite.  I always thank the bagger at the grocery store and I make sure to wave a 'thank you' if another car lets me ahead of them.
3.  I can also take 'a tone'.  My husband calls it 'getting salty'.  (i.e. "Don't get salty with me.")
4.  Last December when I was xmas shopping one day, I saw a stinkbug crawling across a bathrobe and didn't tell anyone.  He looked kinda happy and I didn't want to cause a stampede.
5.  When I wake up in the morning, there is at least one cat (sometimes as many as three cats) sleeping on top of me.
6.  I've gotten so used to automatic doors that sometimes I just stand there waiting for a door to open when the sign clearly says 'Pull'.
7.  I've been on a diet for almost a year and I've lost about 40 pounds. Yay!
8.  This coming spring or early summer, I'm going to skydive for the first time.  My brother's been doing it for at least 40 years and he's going to take me, 2 of my cousins, and a couple work friends.  We might even just do it right here on the farm.
9.  I've never been on a cruise and I never wanted to either. 
10. In November I'm going on a cruise with Pat Sloan and Bonnie Hunter and about 10 of my quilty pals.  Wheeeee!

     So, you wanna know what I got for my birthday besides great news from a fortune cookie? 
     Duh!  Fabric!  Kona solids.  This is the year of solid colors.  (it's no longer the year of the studio, the new arrangement is NOT working, more on that another time)   I promise to post some pictures this week.
Have a great day, and tonight when it's dark,  try navigating with your eyes closed.

4 comments:

  1. Hope it was a truthful cookie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love your odd little facts...2 & 3 sound like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it comes true! Happy birthday Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think the HGTV house is yours:) You'll love the cruise and congratulations on your weightt loss. (I am jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should win that house. You're going to use it for quilt retreats? How do we get on your list? Good luck, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete