I got this put together this weekend. It's a pretty good size. It's 66 by 80 without any borders yet. I think it would have looked beautiful set on point but since I already had the sashings and corner blocks cut, I went with this. I love the green sashing, I think it's called cactus or asparagus. Still waiting for my color card to get here. And isn't that red block jarring? It's not as bad in person but I wish I'd picked it out as one of the blocks for the back.
Then I played with some applique. I got this Don't Look Now pattern called Peak Hour and wanted to play with a few of the designs. These are on cloth diapers for 'spit rags', aka burp cloths. I haven't sewed them down yet but they really make me smile. And I have enough pregnant friends at work to find homes for these.
I saw a tutorial recently that took a 9 patch block and cut it diagonally twice. So I thought I'd try it. I made two 9 patches using charms squares. (I cut some charms into four 2 1/2 inch squares). This is a good example of the impact of seam allowances. It took four and a half 5 inch squares to end up with 2 five and 3/4 inch blocks! I didn't look up the tutorial, I thought I would remember it. However, I don't think this is how they were supposed to go together. Too bad, I like them anyway.
But wait! There's more. Last night I had a little playtime and made some wonky churndash. These were fun and easy. I am not crazy about the 'thick' sides so next time I will avoid that.PS - my fabric diet is OVER!! Hot diggity dog. Over the weekend I pre-ordered a mess of Sherbet Pips. I love that line and I think it's going to sell out right and left. I also went to the local JoAnn's yesterday and picked out some fabric for a backing for my red and yellow quilt. It is SO cute. I'll show you tomorrow. And I'll show you the kona solids that I got for my birthday too. Buh bye!