Friday, February 24, 2012

I had an hour today just for me!

So I grabbed some fabrics and my dresden plate template and did a little playing.  Nothing is sewn together, this is just fabric stuck on my design wall.  I took some pictures and then played with Picasa.  There was a button that said 'collage' so I figured what the heck.  Right now I just think, meh!  But I may try this again with more pictures or maybe a better variety of pictures.
Anyway,  this is an idea for a baby quilt for a co-worker.  Her nursery theme is 'sea babies' or something like that so I pulled out a bunch of my 'fishy' fabrics.  The green fabric on the sides is just pinned up to see how it looks.  I really don't know why I started this because I actually have a finished baby quilt for her.  The problem is that it's a little small and I just gave another co-worker my Skippy quilt which is a nice size.  I thought maybe I should make something bigger for her.  I have so much free time dontcha know, lol.  We'll see. 
                  So my Skippy quilt got a new name, Horton, and he went to  my friend whose nursery theme is Dr. Seuss.  She is so cute and so appreciative.  Last night I got a text in the evening that said, "Is it bad that I keep snuggling with this quilt when it's for the baby?"  Of course not!  I told her it would be more fun when she AND a lil baby were together under it.  Isn't it nice when you know your quilt is truly appreciated?  By now, everyone I work with knows what gift I bring to a baby shower.  The only surprise is what it looks like. 
                  Guess where I'm going next week?  Quilt retreat with some of the Wild Threads!!!  Our first WT retreat and we're going here.   The Double O Retreat in Paw Paw, West Virginia.  It looks gorgeous and we can't wait.  We'll be there Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon, yeehaw!  And four of us are going to leave in the morning so we can hit some quilt shops on the way. There are several.  And I'm sure we can enjoy a nice lunch too.  We like our 'road trips'.  So this weekend I need to buckle down and decide what to work on.  Yeesh, that's always the hardest part.  Gosh knows I don't want to run out of stuff to work on.  But I have learned from experience that if I plan to get certain things done and then don't, I go home a little disappointed.  It's a very delicate balance and requires some careful thought.  I do have a couple of quilt tops that still need borders.  And I have an entire kit for this MacKenna Ryan summer wall hanging.  Wouldn't it be nice to get that done by summer so I can take down the Christmas one that is still up.  And I just got this book in the mail. I am in love with all 20 of the quilts in this book.  My mom gave me some birthday money so I ordered the book AND this gorgeous fabric from Cherrywood's new site Che FAB.  How gorgeous are those colors?!   If the fabric comes in time, I know I'll take it.  Maybe I'll even do more than fondle it.
I know I'll be showing it off when I get it.
Have a great weekend, I am going to try glass etching for the first time tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Buh bye!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa!
    Jealous of your retreat! Let me know how you like the venue - I've been thinking of going there with BMQG. Hope all is well ~ miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete