Monday, May 24, 2010

A finish or two, and more in the works!

I wanted to make a little friend for my Bubbles pillow, and here she is! It's gloomy today so I couldn't get the colors right in the photo, but it's close. And here they are together on the couch! Making friends.

And their backsides too! I love using shirts for the backs. It's SO FAST! and tidy.
Last week I finished my portrait. I posted about it over on the Say Cheese! blog. Check out everyone's portraits over there.


This was a very new experience for me. I don't think of myself as artistic so I'm thrilled that I pulled it off. I started with a photo of myself, enlarged it, traced parts, and took it from there. Noses are tricky and I'm not certain of my thread painting skills so I just did little slivers. It worked out ok. And it's possible that little birdies are becoming my trademark. We'll have to wait and see. Yesterday, I worked hard on a UFO that I've had for 4 years. Yup, FOUR years. And I
mean to finish it this week. Oh yeah, baby!! I better get off this computer and git back to work. Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. The glasses are PERFECT! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pillows are so bright and happy. I never ever thought about using the shirts that way with the buttons - very clever! your self-portrait is great - congrats!

    ReplyDelete