Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I finally started my blocks for the quilt along at Don't Look Now. They are TORTURE!! Very time consuming to get the applique pieces ready for sewing. A glue stick is involved if that tells you anything! But my gosh this will be a beautiful quilt. I struggled and agonized over my colors, and then decided to go for lots of citrus colors. Oranges, lemons, and limes. Mmmmm!!! I can't show pictures yet because my favorite daughter (ok my only daughter) has my camera in New York. She's off to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. She's a photography major but wanted to take my little camera with her. I sure hope I get it back. Soooo, I poked around in my computer for some pictures to post, and this is what I found. This is a mural painted on the wall inside the garage at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Isn't it pretty and colorful? I get to walk past it every day. I really think it would make a cool quilt or wall hanging. Makes me think I need more solid color fabrics in my stash. Maybe next summer I will dye some of my own fabric, then I can try something like this. I'm not sure why I have to wait until summer. I think of dying fabric as a messy outdoor project, but the fact is my daughter and her roomate and friends tie-dyed sheets, shirts, socks, and pillow cases last weekend. Maybe I'll consider trying my hand at this after the holidays. Ok, time to hit the sack and get some sleep. I'm going to get up early so I don't miss a minute of the parade!!


No comments:

Post a Comment