Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative quilt is done!

My little quilt, 'Tearful Broken Heart' is done. I tried to quilt little teardrop shapes all over it and they turned out 'so so'. To draw attention away from my quilting, I embroidered little red tears over the quilt. Hope it works, lol. This was fun to make and I have some ideas for some others I would like to make. Hopefully I will get this in the mail to Ami Simms this week. Well maybe next week. the Wild Thread are having a quilting marathon next Saturday, maybe I'll take it for show n tell. Meanwhile, the nativity wallhanging is quilted and just waiting for binding, phew. AND... I stitched down the petals on two more blocks for my citrus Joseph's coat. I got a little shout out for my blocks from Kelli over at Don't Look Now. Thank you! That was fun.
Now, about those definitions for WIPs and UFOs. I am not too happy. It appears that many people (well, just three of you) have some harsh restrictions on allowing projects into the UFO club. I did NOT know it was so exclusive. The negative side of this is that I can finish lots of projects without reaching my goal of completing 3 UFOs this year. The positive side of this is that maybe I don't have so many UFOs after all. I so think that I should be able to amend my resolutions up until the end of January. After all, I had definition confusion, right? Maybe I will amend my list to mention completion of WIPs, I seem to have LOTS of those. Now I gotta go get stuff ready for next week's marathon. I have two quilt top finishes planned and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment