Saturday, September 25, 2010

Almost time for Spooky things!

We still have some time yet but Halloween is coming. A week or so ago, I remembered that my mother got me this pattern and the fabric to make it. I've never made a row quilt but they always look like fun. So... I better get started! Last weekend I knocked out the first row. I had forgotton how fun log cabin blocks can be. I really like Halloween fabrics. Maybe it's the colors or that it reminds me of my favorite time of year. I really like this one with the words on it. How funny are those little eyeballs?




Today I worked on two of the applique rows. I need to sew them down and make some eyes for the bats.
I think I just might get this done in time. I don't really like being in between projects. There are so many patterns and quilts and techniques that I want to try, I just can't decide what to do next. It's a little like finishing a book. I love to read but it's always hard to choose the next book.
We had some nice weather today. It has been so hot and humid. I do NOT like humidity. It makes my hair frizzy and unruly and there's no way I'm going to turn on the A/C this late in the season. Today, however was just a tad cooler but breezy, yay! Just right to leaving the windows open all day. And awesome for sleeping. Ahhhh, who doesn't love this time of year?


2 comments:

  1. You got a lot done this afternoon! It will be a great holiday quilt! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YO Lisa, You were always someone to get things done. I have wanted to long cabin for as long as I can remember.. Got Hawaiian fabrics in the basement awaiting construction /destruction depending on my mood...
    Monica

    ReplyDelete