Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yoo hoo!! I'm here!

Where have I been!? Shame on me, ignoring my blog is not acceptable. I have actually been having lots of busy fun. Last weekend my hubby and I went out with friends and had a great time and good food (we are such homebodies that this is a big deal). I also got together with friends from the Wild Threads for a fun day of sewing. BUT, check it out! Most exciting of all is that Bonnie Hunter came to speak at my guild meeting. She is lots of fun, very inspiring, and most of all.....FULL of energy. On Tuesday, I took Bonnie's 'Crumbs' workshop. We were supposed to bring our scraps. Look at the pile that I brought.



This is probably less than half of my total scrap stash. Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I lost my rotary cutter or ruler in this pile. If you look past my mess, you will see my friend, Kathy's work space. Good grief! Does she always have to be tidy and organized. It is just baffling. Kathy is a wild, nutty, free spirit with a glut of unleashed creativity. I just never expect her to have such a tidy workspace.
This is one of Bonnie's quilts. Very scrappy. She taught us to make some letters. It was much harder than I expected. I really need to visualize what I am working on. Tricky.






This is my friend, Chris, at our little sewing marathon. Hi Chris! She is a wonderful, genuine person who is loads of fun to hang with. And check out her little sewing box on the floor. She's had it since she was a kid. I covet that box.
This is Kathy. Yup, the famous Kathy who has a tidy workspace. She came and pin-basted about 4 quilts in no time at all. I love this wonky churn dash. I really need to make one.
This is a closer view. Don't you want to make one? Mmmmmm, I keep telling myself I need to build my stash of solids. There is just something about quilts from solids. I am charging my camera battery right now. Tomorrow, I will post some pictures of what I've been working on.
Have a great night. Night night!




















3 comments:

  1. this is Kathy of the tidy work space....and here is my secret.....with a job, three kids, a husband, two dogs, four cats, and a snake, the only way I can get anything done is if I stay very organized and tidy. Then instead of blowing precious free time hunting for something, I can be fondling fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great workshop, and I love the photos! I feel like I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! And while I aspire to be neat like your friend Kathy, I fear my very right brained self tends to have a work table that looks much like yours!

    ReplyDelete