Monday, November 29, 2010

Groovy!!!!

Remember those 30 Fat quarters I got? Here's a peak at them. It seems I was feeling the pastel candy colors! I am looking forward to cutting into these. I only have a few minutes, it's getting late and I have to get to bed. Tomorrow is a big night. Baltimore now has a Modern Quilt Guild!! Oh yeah! First meeting is tomorrow and I can't wait. I love Mod. Gettin Jiggy and Groovy in Baltimore!! Tonight I had to whip up a handmade xmas ornament to take for a swap. I played with wool. I'll snag a picture before I bag it up so I can show you.
Remember this quilt? It's a Christmas gift for one of my brothers and his wife. I gave up trying to figure out their decor and colors. I'm just gonna hope they like it. I am almost finished quilting and I can't tell you how excited I am. I was so nervous about quilting on the solid blocks. There's no forgiveness on solids is there? Well, guess what? I found my groove and had a blast. I actually did some feathers. I'll be sure to post some pictures. I matched the thread colors to the blocks (insecurity, ha ha) so it's hard to get it to show in photos but I'll work on it. Tomorrow after work, I plan to work hard on it so I can take it to the Modern Quilt Guild meeting and work on the binding.
Good night everybody! Peace out!

1 comment: