Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Am I suffering from 'Quilter's Block'?

Welllllllll, sort of.  Check out this little fella.  I will tell you more about him (or her) soon.                                         
 

My dilemma is that I found myself piddling around with a few different projects, most of which are just playing with blocks.  At a recent sewing marathon, I started chopping up my Lizzy Dish fabric with my Accuquilt Go.  Triangles!  I started sewing them into rows.  Looks ok.


Uh oh, I like this better but it's too late for this fabric.  Maybe with some Pips.  Sound good?                                  


I had cut some diamonds  before the triangles.  How cool does this look?  I really need to make a quilt with these blocks!  So very cool. 

Words can't express.  These have me speechless.  They'll get their own post soon.

I got the fabrics gathered for the back of this quilt but then I stalled.  Just not in the mood yet.

I have 43 wonkies.  I haven't decided how to set them or how many more to make.  I really love them and had so much fun working on them.  Then, again, I stalled.  Ugh. 
                                                                                                                                                 
I just had a 3 day weekend and I thought I would have plenty of time for sewing.  But I just couldn't figure out what direction to go in.  So I cleaned out some of the kitchen cabinets.  I have a box of mugs and tupperware for the church yard sale packed up.  Just when my weekend hit the home stretch, I got a little bit of mojo.  Or something like it.  What did I do?  I started a brand new project.  It is SO COOL.  I LOVE it.  But I can't show you yet.  It's a surprise for someone and I'm afraid she might check in with my blog.  I will give you a tease though........ I am using a lot of solids and I'm  using a technique from a great book that I got this past year.  I will give you a few sneak peaks soon.
  Meanwhile, how do all of you unblock yourself when you get stuck?  

2 comments:

  1. Everywhere I see...just gorgeous bright projects!! I love each one, especially the wonky churn dash blocks...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these colors Lisa! Love the shapes too. I am stuck too right now. I want to make a breast cancer quilt for my Aunt Beth who was just diagnosed but not sure if I want to make something to remind her of it. UNSURE! Love the owl too.

    ReplyDelete