Monday, January 17, 2011

I just love 3 day weekends!

Well my bloggy peeps, at the risk of reminding myself of a painful football loss (with Steeler's fans present), I will share with you my sources for some very tasty sangria and dip.  The sangria makes quite a batch so I just put it outside instead of in the refrigerator.  So far, I haven't had any trouble with raccoons taking the lid off.                                                                          

These are the basic ingredients.  I got my recipe out of the Pioneer Woman's cookbook so I am hesitant to print it here.  I will link you to a blog post of hers with a sangria recipe, here.  So far, I have always made it with white and red wines but I would like to try some variations with just white.  The surprise for me was the rum and vodka, both orange flavored.  They add a wonderful 'kick', if you know what I mean.

And now for the easiest and tastiest dip EVER!!  I have been making this for quite a few years and I often get requests for it when parties are being planned.  I always make sure I have some of this relish from Harry and David in my pantry.                                            

Two bricks of cream cheese and one jar of pepper and onion relish.  I toss it all in the 'ol Kitchen aid mixer and it's done.  That's it.  Embarrassingly easy. It's awesome with chips like Tostitos but also good with crackers and anything else you want. There are also other relish blends to try, all are good and tasty.                            

  

How do you like this little cutie?   I think she'd be a lot cuter without the Steeler's jersy.  This is my cousin Kate's youngest, Sophia.  I always wanted to try making one of these little tutu skirts.  There are tutorials all over for them.  I decided to make one on Saturday for her (and it was a good way to sneak a hint of purple on her, hee hee.   

I found this tutorial for half square triangles last week and just had to try it.  I pulled out a few charm packs I had and in no time there was a pile of 180 HST's and then 45 pinwheel blocks.  Despite my complete distaste for squaring things up, I did do it on all of these blocks today.  They really needed it.  I don't know about you but I find it difficult to stitch accurately with the charm squares that have 'pinked' edges.  I am working on a simple way to set these.  I'm sure it will go together quickly and hopefully I can show you this week.                                                                                           

Today, we finally got all of the rest of the xmas stuff put away.  My husband helped in spite of my earlier promise to do all of it if he only did the tree.  What a sweetie.  I had to get a picture of this little creche.  It is my favorite of ALL of my Christmas decorations.  It's only about 4 inches tall and is light as a feather since it's plastic.  As far as I know, it's older than I am because I think we have always had it.  I'm not sure if my mom gave it to me or if I just 'confiscated' it one year.  I hesitate to ask, what if she asked for it back.  I don't know why but I just love this, maybe I'll check out ebay and see if I can find any others like it.


Well, if I leave right now, I can make it to my guild meeting on time.  But it's cold outside, waah!    Until next time....g'nite!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment