Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow day!

We got some snow last night.  Yesterday morning I woke up to a surprise couple of inches of snow.  All day  they were calling for 1 to 5 inches more but first there was rain.

When I got home from work yesterday it was pouring rain.  I guess it switched to snow early and we got about 10 inches overnight.  Because of the rain, the trees are covered with ice and the snow stuck to it.  It's so pretty.                                                                              

When I look out the back window into the woods, it's all white.         And the best part of this is that I didn't have to go to work until 3pm today.  That means I had plenty of time to shovel out my car.  Actually, Mr. 9patch did.  First my brother, the best neighbor in the world, plowed our driveway.  Then my husband dug out the cars.  I showed up fashionably late ready for work.

That was when I found my son and my husband trying to get my son's car out of the snowbank.  It was sideways at the top of our drive.  I helped them get it out. (I'm gonna get real for a minute here, ok?  I was instrumental in helping them get his car out.  I am the brains when it comes to snow.  The menfolk? They just spin the tires and push and grunt.  So I got bossy:  turn the wheels this way, rock the car, put on the brakes, turn the wheels back, easy on the gas etc etc. Bam! The car was out and sonny boy headed down the hill.) The menfolk were going down to shovel out some parking spots at the bottom of the drive and I headed back inside for one last brush of the teeth and packing of my dinner.  Fifteen minutes later I drove down and what did I find?  Deja vu.  A car sideways with two guys pushing and grunting.  First we shoveled, then I hopped in, got bossy, and got that car OUT of the way.  I sure hope that when I get home at midnight tonight, there will be a clear path for me.  I would rather not slip slide my way up the hill in the dark.
I am still working on the binding for the red star quilt.  Our house is a little cold so I haven't felt like handwork.  Sheesh!  That's a weak excuse isn't it?  Well, it's the only one I have.  Enjoy the view!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing pics...we are melting whilst you are freezing! Hope you stay safe on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also slipped & slid all the way to work - that is after my daughter & neighbor shoveled me free from the snow bank a the end of my driveway. I thought I could drive over/through it. Duh, what made me think I could turn my car into a Humvee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to take charge when it comes to the snow lol. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I love the snow and looking at your pictures it sure looks fresh and delightful
    Valerie
    Chestermere, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting

    ReplyDelete