Sunday, April 11, 2010

Testing the new computer!

On Friday I was online before leaving for work and I heard a 'bzzt!'. The screen turned off. My lime green laptop went dark, died, expired, belly up, 6 feet under, GONE! I have heard rumors of something called a motherboard. Well I think I cooked mine. I had noticed the laptop heating up, too bad I didn't pay more attention. So now I have a new laptop (and I got it a little cooling seat of it's own!).
I wanted to get so much done this weekend and I have spent too much time trying to get my old info onto the new computer. The Geek Squad helped me salvage everything onto an external hard drive. This post is a test to make sure I can download and transfer pictures etc. Looks like it's working! This fabric on the left was for an 'ugly fabric' challenge that the Wild Threads had last year. I was into handpiecing some hexies at the time.
This is what I came up with. I saw something like it online somewhere and it looked like fun. So I now have a fabric tree sculture. The trunk and branches are embroidered corduroy. It's been stuck up on my design wall for at least a year because I have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas? I am thinking of designating a wall somewhere in this house (still to be decided) and just put this and lots of other mini quilts up.

I think. I don't know. Maybe. We'll see.
Ok, now the test is over. It appears the new computer is up and running for the most part. It's not lime green, sigh, but I think I'll put some stickers on it, lol. Enjoy your sunday everybody, I'm going to get busy here. Buh-bye!

4 comments:

  1. Why not applique it to a background fabric and add some more stuff....it is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at laptops - my next big investment. What kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed at the inventive and imaginative things you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a few mini-quilt walls around blogland lately... they look like a lot of fun! That might be a neat way to use the tree (and the fabulous little vintage quilt you recently showed too!).

    ReplyDelete