Thursday, June 3, 2010

My exciting news!

Remember this? when I had a little adventure in 'art quilting' and used found materials? Well, I sent the little quilt to AAQI for the Alzheimer's auction months ago. I got an email with it's number (4815) and was told that it sometimes takes a while for them to get an assignment. Some of them are priced and go up for sale and some go into the monthly auctions. I've been checking now and then and little 4815 stayed in the 'Waiting for assignment' section month after month. This week when I checked, I couldn't find it. Not for sale. Not for auction. Not waiting. There's a section for quilts that will be going to Houston. Wow, I thought! That would be awesome. Nope, not there. Then I saw another section, Quilts under consideration for "Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope". It's there!!!! 50 quilts will be chosen by June 15 to be part of this traveling exhibit to raise awareness for Alzheimer's. They will travel for 5 years then go up for auction. Holy smokes! Little 4815, 'Tearful Broken Heart' might be hitting the road! Cross your fingers for it. I will definitely be making more little quilts for this worthy cause. Check out the website, there are lots of quilts to see. And don't hesitate to make one, their size makes them so quick and fun.









3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2010

    How very cool! It was a touching and memorable piece.. I hope it is selected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool Lisa!!! hope your quilt gets into the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete