Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where did my week go?






I don't know what happened this week. I did zero sewing. And, in case you didn't notice, there was no blogging either. I did work some overtime this week. Guess what that means! I can set aside some cash for FABRIC! Yay, and no guilt either. I worked a torturous 16 hours shift that ended up being 17 hours of almost non-stop hustle. I'm still tired thinking about it.

Anyway, here are the promised pictures of last weekends quilting. I haven't made a move towards binding but I have been thinking about it.

I am in love with this thread that my friend let me use. It's a YLI variegated and looks fantabulous!


I know that I copped out on the quilting. I really, really wanted to do some straight line quilting and then some kind of pattern on the solid panels. I took a poll at the Wild Thread marathon and the vote was unanimous for curved line quilting. So I succumbed to peer pressure and then just quilted the whole thing with the same pattern. Quick and easy!



This is the backing fabric that I used. I have had it for years and every time I pull it out and suggest it for a project, someone says, "eeuw no!". I really like it and I think it was really waiting for this quilt.




See what I mean? Perrrrrfect!








And here is my other quick quilting job from last weekend. There is nothing easier than corner to corner quilting. And this minimal quilting makes for a very soft and cuddly quilt. I planned this quilt to be unisex but I kinda flubbed with the backing.








It's kinda girly dontcha think? Oh well.


And I'm still pondering the binding fabric for this one too.







I made this too. I used some of the corduroy that my friend, Annette, gave me. This tote is a nice size for a knitting or handwork project. Or maybe a trip to the library. I used my Bernina gathering foot for the ruffle. I am really looking for ruffle projects. I don't buy Vera Bradley products because I always think I should make it myself, but I saw some cute VB items with ruffles when I was at the beach. Maybe I'll make a tote or little cosmetic bag with 3 or 4 rows of ruffles. That might be cute.









I also made this tote with ruffles on the sides of a pocket. I didn't use any interfacing or batting so this one is floppy. I'm not crazy about it and I don't know what to do with it. I think it's hard to give away something I don't like. If I don't like it, then I don't think anyone else will. Do you ever have something like that? What do you do with it. Should I donate it to my guild's Quilt show silent auction? What if no one bids on it? Oh good grief.

Let's hope I am more productive in the sewing room this week. I did get lots of little chores done around the house this week. The weather has been lovely. I love autumn and it motivates me. I am really tempted to make some big changes around here. I am still struggling with the layout in my sewing room and I'm tempted to move it to a completely different room. More on this soon. I think I'll need some input.

Hope you had a good weekend. I think I'll have some carry-out Indian food for dinner tonight, mmmm mmmmm! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment