Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby quilts.

What quilter doesn't make baby quilts? They are quick, easy, and most of all, FUN!! But, my goodness, I know a lot of people having babies. Once I started making baby quilts for co-workers, I haven't been able to stop. Over a year ago, I dug in my heels, drew a line in the sand, put a cork in it, cried 'uncle', put an end to it, stated 'no more', 'the factory is closed' blah blah blah! I meant it too. My friend, Reyna, has been pregnant FOREVER and I made zero plans to make a quilt. Nope, not gonna do it. I said I was done. They had a shower for her while I was out after surgery so I didn't have to embarass myself by showing up with a storebought gift, eeeuw!
So, my question is this, "How come I made her a baby quilt this past sunday?" I don't know how it happened. I was fine when I got up, had no big plans for the day. I think I'm going to blame these patterns from Kellie at Don't Look Now. I have had them for a short while and I couldn't ignore them any longer, I just had to play with them on Sunday. The next thing I knew.................... I was pin basting this little treasure. It sure is convenient when you know the sex AND name of the baby. What I didn't know is that little Sam was born while I was making this top. Hmmmm, maybe I have ESP. This was so fun and quick to make. I just made two sets of opposite 9patch blocks and then made the applique blocks the same size. Pop them all together and there you go! All I need to do is quilt and bind and label. Now, what should I do about the two other preggos at work? Oy!

3 comments:

  1. I saw both of those Don't Look Now quilts at Quilt Market and they are gorgeous! Have fun making both of them :0)
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe you cracked me up...
    This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2010

    I have a couple patterns that were designed by Carolyn Reardon when she was editor of Quiltmaker. They are each essentially a large 16-patch star block, with each of the 16 cut as a ~10-inch patch. Quick/easy/cute

    ReplyDelete